Jay R Esquivel is La Union’s top surfer. He started out surfing as a kid. Living along the shores of San Juan “Surftown” La Union, Jay R had that privilege to be on the water and practice all the time. Even as a young surfer Jay R showed consistency and determination and a lot of patience in becoming very good with his sport.
Jay R started competing at a young age. He would compete locally (Philippines) and internationally and has gathered not only medals and trophies, but also the respect and friendship of other local and pro surfers in the industry.
2018 was a monumental year for Jay R because this is when he became a member of the Philippine National Team that represented our country in the International Surfing Association Competition in Japan last September 2018 and the South East Asian Games in December of the same year.
World Class Athlete
- 3rd PLACE – RAST EVENT, BALI INDONESIA, JUNE 18-22, 2019
- 1ST RUNNER UP – SINGLE AND UNATTACHED, FEB 9-17, 2019.
- OVER ALL CHAMPION, MEN’S LONGBOARD, (PSCT) 2018
- CHAMPION – LONGBOARD, CABUGAO LEG (PSCT) December 5-10 2018
- Champion -LONGBOARD, LANUZA LEG (PSCT) NOV. 18-24, 2018.
- CHAMPION – PASARIPOY, REAL QUEZON, OCT. 27-29, 2018.
- Overall CHAMPION – LONGBOARD (RAST ASIA) 2018.
- CHAMPION – LONGBOARD, CHERATING BEACH, MALAYSIA. (RAST ASIA) DEC. 19-22, 2018.
- Champion longboard – phuket, thailand. (RAST ASIA) July 18-21 2018
- 3rd place, shortboard – phuket, thailand. (rast asia) july 18-21, 2018.
- 1st runner up – single and unattached 2018 (san juan, la union.)
- 2nd place – Rast asia (la union leg) december 2017 – longboard
- 3rd place – rast asia (la union leg) december 2017 – shortboard.
- 3rd place – PSCT (lanuza leg) november 2017 – shortboard.
- 3rd place – PSCT (siargao leg) september 2017 – shortboard
- Champion – Single And UnAttached 2017
- Champion – Gubat sorsogon, october 2017 – longboard.
- 2nd place – gubat sorsogon, october 2017 – shortboard.
- Champion – sta catlina, vigan. October 2017 – shortboard.
- Champion – mayor’s Cup, san juan, la union. December 2017.
Follow JayR on IG @jayresquivel